|Tour dates for a German theatre company to German POW camps in England|
Apparently there were about 400,000 POW's from Germany and Ukraine etc. housed in hundreds of these camps across the UK after the war. More information here on The Guardian website.
This page is open at the following tour-dates:
- 13th, 14th and 16th October 1946: Camp 174 - Norton Camp, Cuckney, Mansfield, Notts.
- 18th and 19th October 1946: Camp 249 - Carburton Camp, Youngrough Breck, Worksop, Notts.
- 24th 25th 27th and 28th October 1946: Camp 58 - The Hayes, Swanwick, Derbys.
- 30th October 1946: Camp 698 - Tollerton Hall Camp, Tollerton, Notts.
- 31st October - 4th November 1946 (four performances): Camp 94 - Gaulby Road, Billesdon, Leics.
- 6 - 9th November 1946 (two performances): Camp 49 - Farndon Road Camp (Harrington Camp),
- Farndon Fields Farm, Market Harborough, Leics.
- 10th - 15th November (five performances): Camp 259 - Weekley Camp, New Ground Spinney,
- Boughton Park, Weekley, Kettering, Northamptonshire.
- Five performances: Camp 35 - Boughton Park Camp, Boughton, Northampton, Northamptonshire.
- Five performances: Camp 279 - Militia Camp, Yaxley Farcet, Huntingdonshire (Cambridgeshire).
- Seven performances: Camp 106 - Stamford Camp, Empingham Road, Stamford, Lincs.
- Camp 280 - North Lynn Farm Camp, Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
- Camp 253 (actually 132) - Kimberley Park, Kimberley, Norfolk.
Also interesting to see that they seemed to have had a drag act at 106 Camp!